About Train Catering Services of IR
IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited) is a Miniratna PSU of railways in India. In order to provide the quality and variety in food to the railway passengers, the scheme of eCatering has been initiated. The passengers can now have the freedom to order the delicious food of their choice and know the Catering Charges in Indian Railways with the Train Catering Services of IR scheme.
Major Stations having Catering Services in Railways of India
The following are the few major stations where the railway passengers can use the Catering Services in Railways:
|Railway Station||Station Code|
|Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminal||CST|
|New Delhi Railway Station||NDLS|
|Old Delhi Railway Station||DEL|
|Bangalore City Junction||SBC|
How to Book the Food on Trains?
You can book the food on trains by using the IRCTC official website by following the simple steps given below:
- Firstly visit IRCTC eCatering online portal https://www.ecatering.irctc.co.in
- Secondly, enter your 10 digit PNR Number inside the box which is located in the center of the home page
- Thirdly click on “Right arrow sign”
- Then you can order your delicious food from the pantry
- Lastly, Catering Charges in Indian Railways will display on the screen. Then you can pay online or you can pay after the food delivery to the food delivered person.
How eCatering Scheme of Indian Railways Works?
The eCatering Scheme of Indian Railways Works with the following 03 simple steps:
Step – 1: Choose from 500+ restaurants or Pantry – You can choose excellent restaurants list in order to choose your favorite food where the IRCTC consists of all kinds of restaurants and Pantries with the cuisine types.
Now, Step – 2: Choose from the menu bar and place the order – You can choose your favorite meal, thali, biryani, Nonveg etc and get healthy & hygienic food
Step – 3: Get it delivered on your seat or berth – The hot mouth watering delicious food will be delivered at your seat and enjoy your journey.