About South Western Railway Zone
South Western Railway Zone (दक्षिण पश्चिमी रेलवे जोन) is simply abbreviated as “SWR” (दपूरे). It is one of the seventeen IR Zones. SWR Railway Zone has established in the year 01st Apr of 2003 and also started operations on the same date. The SW Railway Zone contains the Broad track gauge. South Western Railways is the subzone of Southern Railway Zone of Indian Railways. SWR Zone has headquartered at Hubballi of Karnataka State.
SWR Railway Zone Divisions
According to SWR Railway Zone map, the zone is divided into 03 divisions and they are of the following:
- Firstly, Hubballi Railway Division
- Mysuru Railway Division
- SWR Bangalore Railway Division
SWR Railway Zone Organization Chart
SW Railway Workshops
The following are the workshops operated by SE Railway Zone:
- SWR Hubli Workshop
- Mysuru Workshop
The above workshops operated by SW Railway Zone can explain briefly in the following:
Hubballi Workshop is the loco carriage and wagon workshop established in the year 1885 under southern Maratha railways
Mysuru Workshop of South West Railways (दक्षिण पश्चिमी रेलवे जोन) has established in the year 1924 as a base workshop of erstwhile Mysore state railway.
South Western Railways Covering States
The following are the South Western Railways that spread across the state:
- Karnataka State (Other than Konkan Railway)
- Dharmapuri District (In west parts)
- Hosur Taluka of State of Tamil Nadu State
South Western Railway Recruitment
Apply for Junior engineers posts, Scouts and Guides Quota posts etc in SWR Recruitment Board. Also, know the SWR Employee details in the official portal
South Western Railway Tenders portal provides the facilities of searching the tenders by type, division, and departments.
SWR Zone Uniguage
Until the year 2007, the South Western Railway Zone is an Indian gauge (5 ft 6 in gauge railway). Now presently the South Western Railway Zone has the following locomotives of WDG-4 (EMD GT46MAC) and WDP-4 (EMD GT46PAC) at diesel loco sheds in Krishnarajapuram and Hubli.
SWR Authority Railway Lines
The following comes under the administration of South Western Railway Zone:
- South Western Railway Zone covers Karnataka State railway lines mostly (other than KR (Konkan Railway))
- At western parts of Dharmapuri district, the South Western Railway Zone will covers the railway lines
- At Tamil Nadu Hosur Taluk, the South Western Railway Zone will cover the railway lines
Important Details of Southwestern Railway
- South Western Railway Zone Website: http://www.swr.indianrailways.gov.in
- SWR Zone Helpline Number: 0836-2289805