About Metro in Vijayawada
Vijayawada Metro Rail is a proposed MRTS (Mass Rapid Transit System) serving the Vijayawada City of AP State. The metro rail Vijayawada operations are planning to start in the year 2020. According to the metro Vijayawada wiki the project budget is estimated to about Rs. 6,769 crores. In order to make Vijayawada as a smart city the honorable Andhra Pradesh CM Sri Nara Chandra Babu Naidu is planning to develop the rolled out plans for the metro in Vijayawada.
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has decided to remove the Metro rail project and choose for Light Metro rail for the city of Vijayawada and appears to be going back to Vijayawada Metro rail again.
Vijayawada Metro Stations
- Firstly, the government is planning to construct 25 metro stations in Vijayawada with the train length of 03 coaches.
- Secondly, the system length of Metro Vijayawada consists of about 40 Kilometres with the track gauge or standard gauge of about 1435 mm or 04 feet 8 1⁄2 inches
- Thirdly, the maximum speed of Metro Rail Vijayawada is about 80 Kilometres per hour
- The railway electrification produces 750 volts DC (Direct Current) Third rail
Vijayawada Metro Rail Route Map
- Firstly, the Vijayawada Metro Rail Route Map is proposed to reduce the congestion of traffic in the Vijayawada.
- Secondly, in Phase – 01 it comprises 02 corridors covering the distance length of about 26.03 Kilometres.
- Thirdly, there are 02 railway lines which are proposed in the Vijayawada Metro Rail Route Map.
- The 01st line is from PNBS (Pandit Nehru Bus Station) to Penamaluru which follows Bandar road via Mahatma Gandhi road.
- The 02nd line is from PNBS (Pandit Nehru Bus Station) to Nidamanuru which follows Eluru road via Vijayawada railway station
- Lastly, in a later phase, it extends to Amaravati city (Capital of AP State)
AMRC stands for “Amaravathi Metro Rail Corporation” is the special purpose vehicle is planning to implement in the metro project. The Amaravathi Metro Rail Corporation operations will also run under Vijayawada Metro.
The Budget for Metro Rail Vijayawada
The following are the budget details of Metro Rail Vijayawada:
- Firstly, the 01st from PNBS (Pandit Nehru Bus Station) to Penamaluru the corridor budget has estimated to about Rs. 831 crore (US$ 120 Million)
- Secondly, the 02nd from PNBS (Pandit Nehru Bus Station) to Nidamanuru the corridor budget has estimated to about Rs. 969 crore (US$ 130 Million)
- Thirdly, in the year Fe, 2017 to the AMRC (Amaravathi Metro Rail Corporation) the German bank KfW had agreed for providing the loan of about Rs. 2500 crore (US$ 350 Million)
Fare of Metro Vijayawada
The Metro Vijayawada will announce the fares for the Metro Rail Vijayawada after the completion of the operations of Metro in Vijayawada project
- Amaravathi Metro Rail Corporation Website: http://www.amrc.co.in
- AMRC Head Office: Kaushalya Apartment, 1 st Floor, H.No. 40-3- 8, Gummadi Gopal Rao Street, Labbipet, Vijayawada- 520 010
- Amaravathi Metro Rail Corporation Helpline Number: 0866-2970272
- Amaravathi Metro Rail Corporation Support Mail: email@example.com